Document Code: JD
Title: Financial Accountant
Department: Finance Department
Date of issue:
1. Reporting to: Financial Controller
2. Requirements: (or any combination thereof)
i. Education: University Degree in Accounts / ACCA or equivalent
ii. Experience: A minimum of two years experience in a Finance Department.
3. Brief description of overall responsibility:
Under the guidance of the Financial Controller plays an active role within the Finance Department, by having responsibility of the Financial function of the Department, including month end accounts closing, prepare necessary documentation for publising half yearly and annual results, relationship with auditors, analysing internal controls and suggesting recomendations.
- Responsibilities and functions
• Together with the Management Accountant work together towards the closure of the monthly nominal accounts as per established target dates, both for owned shops and those Franchised Shops with a service agreement.
• On a monthly basis review of postings done by Finance Personnel to ensure that the accounting figures presented are reliable and consistent with accounting principles.
Group Accounting Consolidation
• Prepare on a monthly basis the Group Accounting Consolidation to be presented to the Board.
• Acts as an internal auditor to analyse current accounting systems, making suggestions for enhancements where needed.
• Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
• Together with the Category Executive, assist in the periodical and the annual stock takes and report accordingly any variances found.
• Prepare and submit the VAT returns on a timely basis.
• Ensures that our financial recording system is in line with VAT legislation.
• Files on a regular basis NSO statistics when they are due.
Board Presentations / Business Plan
• Prepare the necessary data to be presented to the directors on the Accounts for Board Meetings.
• Work out the necessary schedules to be included as part of the Business Plan of the company.
• Prepare necessary data for the Audit fieldwork in preparation of the Annual Audit.
• During the financial audit’s coordinates with the Financial Controller for the timely submission of information requested by the auditors
• Archival of documents related to the Finance Department.
• Coordinating with the Financial Controller in the implementation of new projects related to Finance both within the department and companywide. • Other general functions, which may be necessary.